If you’re like me, you like the following things:
- Knowing about people who use your software
- Not hosting your own documentation
As a result, you want some sort of analytics on readthedocs!
If you’re very like me this will have resulted in you spending a fruitless morning looking through the results of google and finding none of the solutions work at all.
Well, allow me to fast forward this process for you. The correct way to add google analytics to your readthedocs instance is as follows:
- Go to the Admin page for your project
- Click on “Advanced settings”
- Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID in the box at the bottom that says “Analytics ID”
I have literally no idea how you are supposed to discover this. I found it by accident while messing around with build settings to try to get one of the other solutions to build. Hopefully this is of use to you.